Just because you can't afford market rents that doesn't mean you need to be unhappy with your home. When Drumheller Housing Administration Chairman Jay Garbutt realized that he had never conducted a wide-reaching survey to DHA residents to find out if they were happy with their accommodations, he figured it was time to start.
"During the time that I've been the Chairman of Drumheller Housing Administration, I don't believe we've done a customer satisfaction survey and so it was overdue," he explained. "So, we put out a small questionnaire to our entire group of tenants -- which is around 60 -- and we were very pleased to get 19 responses which, as anybody who does survey work would know, that's an incredibly high response rate."
Late last year survey questions were compiled and distributed to residents. Now, the results are in.
"The questions were a number of things about their experience about how they felt about the condition of their units when they moved in, how they felt about their interactions with our maintenance team and how they felt about their interactions with our administration team," Garbutt revealed. "We're very pleased to say that the overwhelming majority of respondents were very satisfied with all of those efforts."
Moving forward, Garbutt said there's still room for improvement. In addition, many residents asked that they have a means to speak directly to the DHA Board rather than to DHA administration. Although a possibility in the future, no concrete plans have been made yet.
"I think what's really fair to say is that we got a clear picture back that most of what's important we're getting right most of the time [but] even then, there's still room for improvement. So, they pointed out a couple of things to us that we need to follow up on. And, we will be doing that to make sure that everyone in Drumheller Housing has the best experience possible."
- How was the administrative team to deal with? 92.5 per cent replied "very satisfied."
- Have your maintenance issues been address quickly and efficiently? 86 percent replied "very satisfied."
- Have you found that the maintenance team has gone above and beyond compared to other landlords? 80.5 per cent replied "satisfied."
- What was the condition of your unit when you moved in? 89 per cent replied "very satisfied."
- Would you recommend Drumheller Housing to others? 100 per cent of respondents selected "yes". There was one blank answer.
- Would you find attending a DHA annual meeting helpful? 50 per cent replied "yes", 25 per cent replied "not sure" and 25 per cent replied "no."