On October 4, 2016, the Drumheller Fire Department were called out to the Midland Community Hall after it caught fire.
It's been long in the works, but the building has been completely gutted and now getting back into working conditions.
"We'll be here for a few months yet. We still need to fix the roof up and the bathrooms, but it's coming (along) pretty smoothly," stated James Martin with TM Martin Construction.
"The whole hall completely gutted, smoke sealed, re-drywall and revamped, new electrical, heating and plumbing," he noted.
The fire was a little more extensive than what most thought.
"It got into the bathrooms, into the main ceiling and the entrance ceiling was completely gone. We've had to reframe everything, beef it all up and get it up to code," Martin explained.
Martin expressed to Drum FM that it's fun working on an old building.
"They figure it's over 80 years old, so bringing back a little piece of Drumheller history is always fun."
Questions, comments, or story ideas? Email us at [email protected]