A commercial icon in Drumheller may be about to go under new ownership.
Wade's has been a fixture in Drumheller since 1947, when their uncle, Walter Wade started the business. Their parents, Bernie and Thelma Wade, bought it from their aunt Mollie in 1976 and it has been in the family ever since.
"It's a great community, we've had great support and great customers over the years and we will continue to do that," pledged Bruce Wade. "Hopefully, anyone interested would have the same outlook on the community and the business."
"We get people coming in, older couples that bought their rings 50 years ago that are still thinking about Wade's Jewellery," noted Bruce. "We enjoy the people and the business and everything else."
"Doug is looking at relocating and it's just the circumstances that has arisen, basically," he added. "We are still going to operate it until we can find someone who may be interested in the business and the building."
Questions, comments or story ideas? Email us at [email protected]