A small house fire in the valley yesterday proves just how important it is to have your smoke detectors up to date.

On April 5 at approximately 12:59 p.m. the Drumheller Fire Department was called to a residence near the Knox United Church.  

"The homeowner was refinishing the floor and had left the finishing machine, and the bag for the sawdust caught fire, so he extinguished it himself. When the bag caught fire it set off the smoke detectors and he called 911," explained Fire Chief, Bruce Wade.

The homeowner had gone downstairs to have some lunch. There were no injuries and the fire was out upon the arrival of the Fire Department.

 

More Local News

Mayor Impressed with 20/20 Challenge Response

Mayor Heather Colberg issued a challenge to the residents of Drumheller at the beginning of April, and the community showed up for it. The 20/20 Challenge encouraged Drumhellians to pick up garbage…

DrumhellerOnline.com is Drumheller's only source for community news and information such as weather and classifieds.

Search the Biz Guide

Login